Sunday, August 15, 2010

Utah here I come!!

About 6 months ago a pilot and HG business owner (http://www.wingsoverwasatch.com) was advertising a mountain clinic he was hosting in the fabulous mountains around Salt Lake City, Utah. Utah is famous for it's awe inspiring hang gliding sites and consistent conditions. I asked if it would be appropriate for newer pilots to which he answered "No". However he did offer to cut me a deal if I could organize enough other new-ish pilots to fill a clinic geared toward our skill level and needs.


Tube Sock   
I took this up with great enthusiasm and within a few weeks had gotten together enough people to make the trip happen. The H2 mountain tour was scheduled for August 20th through the 22nd, but because of family concerns it didn't look as if I was going to be able to attend! Then some magic happened. First I was offered to attend the clinic at a discount. Then a local pilot offered to let me and others stay at his place free of charge. Then a flying buddy of mine locally offered to donate plane tickets as he has more sky miles than he knows what to do with. Wait a minute, you mean all I have to do is show up and fly? WHAT!?!?!!


Stuffing....
That's right... the fates rolled out the red carpet and with all of this positive flow working in my direction my family was convinced that maybe I had better go ahead and make this trip. Since that day I have been thinking about this trip nearly every day for 5 months. Now the trip is right around the corner. However before I myself make the trip I had to ship my glider there. I could have opted to bring my bird on the plane, but this course is fraught with danger and opportunities for mishap. Instead, with a little help from my friends, I opted to ship via an industrial shipping company.


Screwing...




Our gliders flew out on Thursday. We will fly out on Wednesday the 18th... in just 3 days! The photos feature my mate Brandon.... he of abundant sky-miles, effusive generosity, and exhaustive shipping know how. All that and mad flying skillz too!



Bye bye loves... see you in Salt Lake


Utah, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment